In the society we are living in and the system comes together with it had a great impact on a person's perspective and personality.
Quoting from the "Romance of the Three Kingdom", one of the three sworn brothers who argued that it is a hero who shapes the environment not environment shapes the hero. What this ancient war lords mean is that it is a man's decision and choice to be a hero even though you are not in a favourable environment.
Looking back on our society we are living in, the demographic system is designed to allow everyone a fair chance to pusuit a share of the economic pie. Thus since young, we have been educated to think that we need to work hard, score good grades, get a decent job, set up a family and pay tax and be a good citizen. All these tell us one thing. We need to achieve curtain level of achievement in order to be qualified as a successful man or woman.
In the normal work place, we are encouraged to work hard, climb the corporate ladder. If we fail at one, switch job and hope for a better pay and position to work in.
With this scenario therefore comes may success gurus who provides their subject matter expertise and experience in providing short cut path to achieve life successes. I am one of the quest for success die hards who attended seminars, workshops and buying books from these experts who most of them came from overseas.
Eventually I realized that, all these gurus preach the same mantra that is, "for things to change, I must change first" and the way you think, determines the results you get. I was amazed by these knowledge for quite sometimes as it was not a subject taught in school. I was still remembering going to one of these workshops and the trainer was creative enough to provide us a half a centimeter rubber band to wear on the wrist. The objective is to snap the rubber band every time negative images coming out from your mind. The self inflicted pain will act as reminder for you to be positive all the time.
At one time, I was furiously doing a workbook everyday writing down my financial goals and objectives every morning and self programming my visual, auditory and kinestik senses to be in sync with the goals I want to achieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment